Patent Attorney, Melbourne | BSc(Hons), BE(Hons), PhD, MIP Law, DipML(French), ARAD
Direct +61 3 9288 1559
Alexandra is a Patent Attorney within the Chem/Bio team where she is involved in drafting patent specifications, prosecuting patent applications and providing strategic patent advice.
She joined Freehills in 2011 after working at another leading Australian patent firm for two years. Prior to this, Alexandra completed a PhD at the Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The University of Melbourne) under the supervision of Frank Caruso (Professor and Australian Research Council Federation Fellow).
Her thesis (entitled “Nanostructured Colloidal Systems”) investigated, inter alia, the preparation and characterisation of light-responsive multilayer capsules for targeted delivery of therapeutics. Alexandra's research has been published in a range of international peer-reviewed journals and has been recognised through awards such as The Royal Society of Victoria Postgraduate Prize in Physical Science (2007) and the NanoVic Postgraduate Prize in Nanobiotechnology (2005).
Areas of expertise
• Industrial Chemistry
• Materials Science
• Chemical and Material Engineering
• Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
• Doctor of Philosophy (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering), University of Melbourne
• Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) (Hons), University of Melbourne
• Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) (Hons), University of Melbourne
• Diploma in Modern Languages (French), University of Melbourne
• Associate of the Royal Academy of Dancing, London
• Ordinary Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
• Ordinary Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
• Associate Member: Royal Australian Chemical Institute