This Legal Notice applies to your use of this website under the domain name www.freehillspatents.com (Website) and all material on the Website (Material). Subject to any local laws that cannot be excluded, the law applicable to use of the Material and to disputes arising out of the Material is the state of Victoria, Australia.
Publication of electronic addresses on this Website is for the purpose of professional communication only and must not be used to infer consent to the receipt of unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
Contents not legal advice
The Material is a summary only of the subject matter covered, without an assumption of a duty of care by us. The summary is not intended to be, nor should it be relied on, as a substitute for legal or other professional advice.
Freehills Patent Attorneys are neither advertising legal, patent or design services nor representing that we hold the authorisations and permissions necessary to provide legal advice in all jurisdictions in which the Material may be received.
No client - attorney relationship created
Neither the transmission nor the receipt of any Material is intended to create, nor should such transmission or receipt be taken as creating, a client- attorney relationship between Freehills Patent Attorneys and the recipient.
Material on this site
Changes are made periodically to the Material, and Material could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Some laws may give you certain statutory rights which cannot be excluded or modified (Your Statutory Rights), for example the ‘consumer guarantees’ under the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in this Legal Notice is intended to limit or restrict Your Statutory Rights.
Subject to Your Statutory Rights:
- we make no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any Material
- we do not warrant or represent that the Material or this Website will not cause damage, or is free from any computer virus of any other defects or errors
- we are not liable to users of the Material or this Website for any loss or damage however caused resulting from the use of the Material or this Website.
Links to other sites
Material may contain links to other sites. Freehills Patent Attorneys do not necessarily sponsor, endorse, or approve of any material on such sites or the operations of such sites.
Limitations of liability
Subject to Your Statutory Rights, any liability incurred in relation to Material is limited to the resupply of the Material, or the reasonable cost of having the Material resupplied.
Copyright in material on this site
Unless otherwise expressly indicated in specific Material, copyright subsisting in Material is owned or licensed by us.
Other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any other applicable legislation throughout the world), or as otherwise provided for in this copyright notice, no part of any Material may in any form or by any means (including electronic, mechanical, microcopying, photocopying or recording) be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. To make an enquiry, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise indicated, we grant you permission to do the following with Material:
- store a reproduction of Material on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing the material
- print hard copies of Material for informational, non-commercial use
- reproduce or distribute any complete page of the Material so long as:
- you do not reproduce or distribute less than a complete page, or, where a document consists of more than one page, less than the complete document;
- this copyright notice appears in its entirety in each copy made or distributed; and
- the Material is appropriately attributed to us.
The copyright owner reserves all other rights.
Copyright in other material
Freehills Patent Attorneys make no warranties or representations that material on other websites to which Material is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world.
Freehills Patent Attorneys are not, and must not be taken to be, authorising infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material on other sites by linking Material to such material on other sites.
Herbert Smith Freehills
Freehills Patent Attorneys and Herbert Smith Freehills have no liability for each other’s acts or omissions.
Freehills Patent Attorneys ABN 69 113 651 229
Last updated: 1 July 2012